Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chilling time not included in preparation time. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1⁄3 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup cold strong coffee (leftover is fine)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ladyfingers
- Cream butter and add sugar gradually, then the egg yolks.
- Add coffee very slowly with vanilla.
- Line a mold with ladyfingers.
- Turn mixture into center and chill.