Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Newly adopted by me, as of 7-7-05, tried and still experimenting. According to the original poster this is "A wonderful treat anytime!"
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2⁄3 cup shortening or 2⁄3 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces chocolate, melted and cooled
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Combine with wet ingredients and blend well.
- Spread into a 8 inch baking pant and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 min until golden.
- Let cool.