Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
As seen on Food 911 on the food channel. I absolutely love coffee concoctions and this looked so delicious. Cook time includes oven time and refrigerator time.
- Pour the heavy cream, vanilla and coffee beans into a saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Bring the cream to a brief simmer; do not boil or it will overflow within seconds. Remove from heat and strain to remove the beans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is lemon-colored, about 3 minutes.
- Temper the yolks by gradually whisking the hot cream into the yolk and sugar mixture (do not add the hot cream too quickly or the eggs will cook.)
- Stir in the brewed coffee and melted chocolate.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pour the egg-cream mixture into 6 (8-ounce) ramekins or cappuccino cups, filling 3/4 of the way full with mixture.
- Fill a large, shallow baking pan with 1/2-inch of warm water.
- Carefully place the ramekins in the water bath and bake for about 35 minutes, the center should jiggle slightly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the ramekins cool in the water for 10 minutes. Then pop them in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- garnish with whipped cream and biscotti cookie.
Oh my goodness, this was positively delicious. It was slightly time-consuming, but well worth the effort. It was a delightful combination of creamy chocolate and coffee, and had the consistency of a light mousse. I really enjoyed this and will make it again. Thanks for sharing your recipe, lookangelic.