1/1 Photo of Mocha Pot De Creme
3 hrs 20 mins
As seen on Food 911 on the food channel. I absolutely love coffee concoctions and this looked so delicious. Cook time includes oven time and refrigerator time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the heavy cream, vanilla and coffee beans into a saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Bring the cream to a brief simmer; do not boil or it will overflow within seconds. Remove from heat and strain to remove the beans.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is lemon-colored, about 3 minutes.
- 3Temper the yolks by gradually whisking the hot cream into the yolk and sugar mixture (do not add the hot cream too quickly or the eggs will cook.)
- 4Stir in the brewed coffee and melted chocolate.
- 5Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 6Pour the egg-cream mixture into 6 (8-ounce) ramekins or cappuccino cups, filling 3/4 of the way full with mixture.
- 7Fill a large, shallow baking pan with 1/2-inch of warm water.
- 8Carefully place the ramekins in the water bath and bake for about 35 minutes, the center should jiggle slightly.
- 9Remove the pan from the oven and let the ramekins cool in the water for 10 minutes. Then pop them in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- 10garnish with whipped cream and biscotti cookie.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Pot De Creme
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.2
- Calories from Fat 481
- Total Fat 53.5 g
- Saturated Fat 32.1 g
- Cholesterol 372.8 mg
- Sodium 56.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: