Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe at Tops courtesy of The Popcorn Board. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder or 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup milk
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Place popcorn in a large bowl that has been sprayed with cooking spray; set aside. Line a baking sheet or work surface with waxed paper or foil.
- Stir sugar, cocoa, instant coffee and milk together in a large saucepan. Cook until mixture registers 250 on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally.
- Pour hot mixture over popcorn; stir to coat popcorn completely. Spread popcorn onto prepared surface and allow to cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Break into pieces to serve. Store in an airtight container.