Very rich. This is posted for Zaar World Tour, and is another recipe from Moosewood.
Make and share this Mocha Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- For the crust, cut the butter into the flour with a pastry knife until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add about 3 Tbsp water and combine until dough forms a ball.
- Roll it out on lightly floured board.
- Place crust in 9-inch pie plate and crimp the edges.
- To make filling, place all of the filling ingredients, except the pecans, into a blender or food processor and puree until the chocolate chips are completely ground up and everything is smooth.
- Pour the filling over the pecans in a bowl, and stir just enough to coat the nuts.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 F and bake another 30 minutes or until the filling is set but still moist.
- Cool completely before cutting.
10 times better than regular pecan pie. My dad didn't care for it because he doesn't like chocolate (crazy, right?), which meant that the rest of us got to eat more!! Great served warm with a dollop of whipped cream.
Very rich but so easy to make. I used my butter crust Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust for this that I keep in my freezer, also I used Kahlua as a liqueur. I think though the next time I make it I might cut the sugar back slightly (just personal preferance only) otherwise this pie is out-of-this-world delicious! thank you Bunny Mom....Kitten
Extrememly easy, extremely delicious! I used coffee liqueur (good excuse to buy a bottle, I say!) and it was great. I don't think my filling ever blended entirely smooth, but it all cooked up perfectly anyway! Thanks so much for posting, you made a lot of people very happy!