Very rich. This is posted for Zaar World Tour, and is another recipe from Moosewood.
Make and share this Mocha Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- For the crust, cut the butter into the flour with a pastry knife until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add about 3 Tbsp water and combine until dough forms a ball.
- Roll it out on lightly floured board.
- Place crust in 9-inch pie plate and crimp the edges.
- To make filling, place all of the filling ingredients, except the pecans, into a blender or food processor and puree until the chocolate chips are completely ground up and everything is smooth.
- Pour the filling over the pecans in a bowl, and stir just enough to coat the nuts.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 F and bake another 30 minutes or until the filling is set but still moist.
- Cool completely before cutting.