Recipe by Ms*Bindy
Very rich. This is posted for Zaar World Tour, and is another recipe from Moosewood.
Top Review by Hey Em
10 times better than regular pecan pie. My dad didn't care for it because he doesn't like chocolate (crazy, right?), which meant that the rest of us got to eat more!! Great served warm with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup white flour
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (or brewed strong black coffee)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- For the crust, cut the butter into the flour with a pastry knife until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add about 3 Tbsp water and combine until dough forms a ball.
- Roll it out on lightly floured board.
- Place crust in 9-inch pie plate and crimp the edges.
- To make filling, place all of the filling ingredients, except the pecans, into a blender or food processor and puree until the chocolate chips are completely ground up and everything is smooth.
- Pour the filling over the pecans in a bowl, and stir just enough to coat the nuts.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 F and bake another 30 minutes or until the filling is set but still moist.
- Cool completely before cutting.