Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another 1983 Farm Journal recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture,blend well.
- Divind dough in half and shape into rolls.
- Wrap tightly in wax paper,chill in refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cut dough into 1/8 inch slices,place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire rack.