Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love our coffee in Seattle and not just to drink! These are a quick, rich little treat, similar to Mexican or Russian Wedding Cookies; they go perfectly with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans or 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- confectioners' sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the next 4 ingredients and mix well, then add nuts.
- Shape into 1" balls and put on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool, then roll in confectioners' sugar.
These marvelous cookies were included on a tray of goodies intended for Thanksgiving dessert. I'm inclined to say that they were a real hit as there were 4 on the tray after dinner. My 3 guys pretty much cleaned it up before dinner. I did manage to get 2 of them and the next time I make these yummy bites I'm stashing most of them in my desk! :D
Great treats, loved the cocca, amd I agree they are great for the Coffee Lover. Made for PRMR..
These were awesome. Great treat for the coffee lover. Thank you!