Recipe by Lainey6605
Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Bobbie
Fun cookies!!! As Tara mentioned, these are not real sweet. I might try increasing the sugar a little the next time -- I think a lot depends on how much confectioners's sugar sticks to the cookies when they are rolled in it. I will definitely be making these again. I appreciate having the recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and coffee granules; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1 inch balls (I use a 1-inch cookie scoop).
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until firm.
- Cool on pans for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar.