Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Make and share this Mocha Nut Balls recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and coffee granules; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1 inch balls (I use a 1-inch cookie scoop).
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until firm.
- Cool on pans for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar.
Fun cookies!!! As Tara mentioned, these are not real sweet. I might try increasing the sugar a little the next time -- I think a lot depends on how much confectioners's sugar sticks to the cookies when they are rolled in it. I will definitely be making these again. I appreciate having the recipe.
The cookies turned out okay...I used almonds instead of pecans and I like the combo...it isn't as sweet as I'd like. I'd either use more sugar next time or use unsalted butter. Definitely unsalted butter for this recipe would be the first alteration I'd make for next time. Over all it was quick and easy to make and it's a treat that alot of people will like. I will definitely do this one again!