Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
They made these this morning on the local morning news program. I didn't hesitate to copy this one down! The recipe source is Green Bay deli and catering company, A'Bravo.
- 59.14 ml hot water
- 14.79 ml instant espresso powder
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 414.03 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 44.37 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Stir 1/4 cup hot water and espresso powder in medium bowl until espresso powder dissolves.
- Add buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until well-blended.
- Mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- Add buttermilk mixture and stir just until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until tester inserted into center of muffins comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to rack and cool.
This was great. Neighbors, kids, and hubby all loved it. I did substitute 2T instant coffee for the espresso powder and plain yogurt for the buttermilk because that was what I had on hand.