Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dense and fudgy muffins
Make and share this Mocha Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml oat flour
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml Splenda granular (artificial sweetener)
- 118.29 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 22.18 ml lecithin granules
- 1.23 ml salt
- 226.79 g dried prunes
- 88.74 ml water
- 354.88 ml brewed coffee, plus
- 29.58 ml brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 78.07 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the flour, sugars, cocoa,baking powder, baking soda,lecithin, and salt. Stir to mix well.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place prunes and 6 Tbsp water. Process on high til mixture is smooth. Place prune mixture in a bowl with coffee and vanilla extract. Stir to mix well. Add flour mixture to prune mixture, stir to mix well.
- Line muffin cups and fill 3/4 full. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, being careful not to overbake(They should spring back when lightly touched). Immediately after removing from the oven, place 8 chocolate chips on top of each muffin. Allow to sit until soft and then spread the softened chips with a spatula.
Very tasty! Like a brownie. I left out the chocolate chips, and these were quite rich enough without them. If I add them next time, i would cut the amount of sugar/Splenda. I used some prune "butter" (Lekvar) that I had already made. Very moist muffin for being so low in fat.