Recipe by Evie*
From a magazine...chocolate and coffee...mmmm
Top Review by katfysh77
I actually have this recipe in a cookbook of mine and it's delicious!!! I'm a novice in the kitchen and it was quite easy to make. I did however use a slightly larger pan so I made more of the first chocolate mix and it turned out great. A simple desert that will knock the socks off your guests.
- 2 packets ladyfingers (sponge finger biscuits)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 200 g white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- 3⁄4 cup cream, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Line base and sides of a 23cm square slab pan with foil.
- Cover base of prepared pan with layer of sponge fingers.
- Brush biscuits with half the combined coffee and water.
- Melt white chocolate in medium heatproof bowl over pan of simmering water, cool slightly.
- Stir in cream.
- Pour half the white chocolate mixture over prepared biscuits, cover, refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining fingers, coffee mixture and white chocolate mixture.
- Spread mocha mousse over biscuits, cover refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Melt chocolate and butter in medium heatproof bowl over pan of simmering water, cool slightly.
- Stir in cream, egg yolks and liqueur.
- Beat extra cream in small bowl until firm peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture in 2 batches.