1/1 Photo of Mocha Mousse Brownie Trifle
Chocolate and toffee; a definite satisfaction to a chocolate lovers cravings. If serving in a trifle bowl (looks great!), I would double the recipe to fill your average trifle bowl. This recipe is courtesy of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking March/April 2003 edition. The cook time includes the brownie baking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups baked brownies, cubed, about 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope chocolate mousse mix
- 12 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) bag English toffee bits (Skor or Heath Bar)
- grated chocolate, for garnish
- chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- broken pretzel, for garnish (optional)
- hot fudge, drizzled, for garnish (optional)
- 1If baking a boxed brownie mix, prepare and bake according to directions on box, I have used Toffee brownies and peanut butter brownies, cool and cube.
- 2Place 1/2 of cubed brownies in a 2 quart serving bowl.
- 3Prepare mousse mix according to directions.
- 4(mousse mix is found as a box mix in the pudding/jello section of grocer).
- 5Spread 1/2 of this over brownie layer.
- 6Top with 1/2 of whipped cream and sprinkle with the toffee bits.
- 7Repeat the layers once and sprinkle with grated chocolate, chopped nuts, broken pretzels, hot fudge.
- 8Refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Mousse Brownie Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.0
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 162.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: