Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This glaze goes great with chocolate cakes and other baked goods. It's fantastic on Peppermint Fudge Cake (Peppermint Fudge Cake)! This is posted in response to a request, and is another recipe from Eating for IBS by Heather Van Vorous.
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant decaffeinated coffee (could also use regular)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soymilk or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice milk (could use milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Sift sugar and cocoa into medium bowl.
- Dissolve coffee in 1 Tbsp of the water or milk and add the peppermint extract.
- Gradually whisk coffee liquid into dry ingredients.
- Whisk in additional 1/2 Tbsp of water or milk if necessary.
- Use glaze immediately to top bundt cake (if glaze sits it will harden).
This is great! I made this without the peppermint extract (used vanilla instead) on Low Fat Chocolate Kahlua Cake. A nice combination!
I used the glaze on top of the peppermint fudge cake of Heather's I made. Dh said the whole thing cake and glaze tasted like a peppermint pattie :)
I made this to top your Peppermint Fudge Cake and it is very good! I used freshly brewed espresso instead of instant coffee and water. Thanks!