Recipe by TrehtonsMom
-I have not done the calculations please double check. I have not tried this one yet, will up date once I do. -This recipe is for those people that don't like to eat breakfast, but know they should! Blend ingredients until very smooth, throw in a travel coffee mug, and run out the door... it's that simple.
- 1⁄2 cup milk (skim or 1% or soy milk)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese (low fat or fat free)
- 2⁄3 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Splenda quick packs
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- The points really vary, depending upon whether you use fat free dairy products, especially with the ricotta cheese. You can vary the amount of ricotta to suit how many points you want to spend that morning. I like to have a creamier shake (but not thick and icy) and I don't always get in my calcium during the day, so I usually have 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- The cocoa, splenda and coffee are all 0 points, so you get a lot of delicious flavour, without the guilt.
- I have also had variations where I replaced the coffee with peanut butter, for a chocolate peanut butter cup kind of taste; or it's still really yummy even if you run out of cocoa (tastes like a latte shake).
- It's also a good recipe for those with a sweet tooth that need to avoid sharp blood sugar fluctuations, as the only sugar is in the dairy products.