Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from George Duran's- "Ham On The Street" t.v. show, on the Food Network. I have also substituted crisp cocoa cereal in place of regular rice crispy cereal, which made for an addictive chocolate mocha treat!
- Measure 6 cups of crisp rice cereal into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in marshmallows. Melt slowly and stir constantly until marshmallows are smooth and well combined with butter.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in coffee until completely dissolved.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal and stir to coat. Press mixture into a buttered 9" x 13" pan. Cut into squares and enjoy.
- *Don't forget to try cocoa crisp cereal as well!
I could not get the coffee to mix in. It was still in little pcs after stirring for a long time. It tastes okay with coffee crunches in it. Made for summer comfort cafe.
Made for Summer '09 Comfort Cafe. If something can be crispy and gooey at the same time, these would fit the bill. I found it a bit difficult to mix together and pat in the pan; but I'm sure there are many tricks in the trade. I found a couple that worked well for me. Will definitely make again, but put in a smaller pan. Very good recipe!
I brought these to a church lake party and the adults were diving into them before lunch (the kids loved them too)! I used 2 T of espresso powder and it had just the right intensity. I realized I didn't read the recipe instructions and I added the espresso to the butter - it worked out fine : ) I dusted the top with Ghiradelli's Ground Sweet Cocoa Powder - perfect with the coffee! When making Rice Krispie treats I always just spread them out on a big platter and pat them down ( damp finger don't stick) and I like to make them as close to serving time as possible so they are nice and fresh and gooey. I'll be making these again very soon. Made for the Comfort Cafe July 09