1/1 Photo of Mocha Magic Cookie Fingers
The original of this recipe comes from BH&G Holiday Baking 2004 and was designed to use with a cookie press. However I dont own one and thus just made cookie fingers. That worked out well, so Im posting my adapted version here. The cookies have a great coffee flavour and are crispy and crumbly. I hope youll like these, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder (or instant espresso powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1In a large bowl beat butter with an electic mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking powder and salt. Beat until combined.
- 2Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 3Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- 4Use your fingers to roll portions of the dough into long small ropes and cut those into fingers about the lenght and thickness of your pinky (can make them longer if you so desire).
- 5Bake in the preheated oven at 190°C/375°F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm.
- 6Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 7For the drizzle melt the chocolate over a warm water bath and use a spoon to drizzle it decoratively over the cookie sticks. If desired sprinkle with either additional coffee powder or sprinkles. Let cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Magic Cookie Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.8
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 67.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g