Recipe by Rachie P
These are the easiest, but TASTIEST little bite of cookie you can make! If you like mocha, this is your treat. I got this recipe awhile ago from a little grocery store cookbook, and I don't remember which company published it. Try it - you'll like them!
Top Review by sweetsouth
What did I do wrong? These macaroons fell flat and they did not hold together at all. They tasted pretty good, but I had to scrape the coconut from the pan in order to get a taste.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 cups flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Beat egg whites, coffee, cream of tartar, and salt in medium bowl on low speed until foamy.
- Beat in sugar, 1 Tablespoon at a time on high speed until stiff. Do not underbeat.
- Stir in cocoa until smooth.
- Fold in coconut.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with cocoa or drizzle with melted chocolate.