Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I picked this recipe up at the grocery store of all places. I omitted the coffee as I don't care for it. It is delicious and very easy to make.
- 18 ounces chocolate cake mix (any variety)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces four servings instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup flavored instant coffee
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 cups thawed whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup of the flavored instant coffeee in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed, just until moistened, scraping side of bowl often.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Chop 4 squares of chocolate, stir into batter.
- Put into 2 greased and floured 9" round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 33 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans. Cool on wire rack.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 cup flavored instant coffee into Cool Whip.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with Cool Whip mixture. TOp with second cake layer.
- Refridgerate until ready to serve. (I usually give it at least an hour).
- Just before serving, microwave remaining 4 squares of chocolate, butter, corn syrup and 1 tbsp of water in medium bowl on high 1- 1/2 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread glaze over top of cake, allowing glaze to drip down cake.