Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried instant coffee crystals (this is basically just instant coffee that should be labeled as freeze-dried crystals)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Nestle Toll House are the best)
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Combine the flour, the coffee crystals and the salt in a large bowl and whisk them together. (set this aside).
- In another bowl, beat together the butter, the sugar, and the egg for about 2 minutes until the batter is smooth.
- Add the flour to this batter and begin kneading the contents to make the dough.
- Once the dough feels firm you can begin to make dough balls about 1 tablespoon big in size.
- Place the balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and make little indentations in the center of each ball using your thumb.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and place them on a wire rack in order for them to properly cool.
- Meanwhile the cookies are cooling, combine 2 tablespoons of butter, the chocolate chips, and the corn syrup into a microwave-safe bowl and heat on HIGH for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth and add in the vanilla extract and Kahlúa at this time.
- Place the mixture into a resealable plastic food storage bag, let cool, and then snip off a small corner of the bag.
- Fill in each cookie thumbprint with the chocolate.