Recipe by Missy Wombat
This comes from my Healthy Gourmet Cookbook and I have not yet tried this recipe. Let me know if it is any good!
Top Review by rosslare
I did use readily ground espresso coffee for this, as we drink espresso daily. I am sorry to say, but we found this sorbet very strong and not very sweet. In our opinion, iced coffee really needs some cream to go with it, even though we drink it sweet and black, when hot. Interesting, though.
- 3 ounces expresso coffee beans, finely ground
- 4 ounces sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa, eg dutch process
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg white
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ground espresso in the paper filter of a drip coffee maker.
- Pour the boiling water over the top and let drip.
- Mix the hot coffee with the sugar and cocoa, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Pour the coffee mixture into an ice cream freezer and process until partially frozen.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Beat the egg white until it forms stiff but not dry peaks.
- Fold it into the coffee mixture and return to the ice cream freezer.
- Process until it is slightly firm again.
- Freeze in a freezer for 1 hour before serving.