Recipe by Julie F
This delicious smoothie comes from Ellie Krieger's "So Easy" Cookbook. I make it for my teen daughter to take with her on her way to school. I really have to whir the blender to get the frozen bananas incorporated, so next time I plan to cut my bananas into smaller chunks before I freeze them. I also halved the recipe and still came out with two decent sized smoothies. I think a full recipe would make three large smoothies.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 cup ice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, espresso powder and cocoa. Add boiling water and stir until dissolved. Combine the coffee mixture in the blender with the bananas, milk and ice and blend on high until smooth.
- Can be partially combined in blender and refrigerated overnight. In the morning, just add ice and bananas and blend.