Recipe by Annacia
Coffee and chocolate often are served side by side. This elegant drink combines them in a single, satisfying cup. I use a cinnamon stick for a swizzler or a peppermint stick for the holidays.
Top Review by HokiesMom
I have made this so many times it is almost my daily coffee. The only little change was I heated the half-n-half in the microwave - so simpler. I use sweet 'n low for the sugar. Absolutely delicious and what a treat for an evening coffee. Thanks for sharing with us all Annacia.
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan combine coffee, chocolate pieces, and sugar.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- In another small saucepan heat half-and-half or light cream until steaming, stirring occasionally.
- Pour coffee mixture into a mug.
- Add warm half-and-half.
- If desired, stir in additional sugar to taste.
- Makes 1 (12-ounce) serving.