Recipe by Baby Kato
This makes a lovely subtley flavored coffee bread with nuts. You can substitute with any two of your favorite nuts. Quick and easy to make with nice results. This bread is great toasted, spread with cream cheese and nutella.
Top Review by Outta Here
This is great tasting and has a nice texture! Went great with my mid-morning coffee! I had it plain. Didn't need butter or jam. I will try it toasted for breakfast. I am also taking a suggestion of the previous reviewer, and using it in a bread pudding recipe. Will report back on results. UPDATE: Used the leftovers to make Recipe #238420, and it worked great!
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup rye flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons instant mocha-flavored coffee powder
- 1⁄8 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select white bread setting.
- Push Start.
- Or to Bake Bread in Your Oven; select dough or manual cycle on your bread machine.
- Once the cycle is complete, shape dough and place in a greased loaf pan.
- Allow to rise in a warm spot until the dough has doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Makes 1 - 1 pound loaf.