Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe I found in my "Land O Lakes - Best-Loved Recipes".
- 1419.54 ml strong hot coffee
- 236.59 ml instant hot cocoa mix
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml fat-free half-and-half
- heavy whipping cream, whipped, sweetened, if desired (optional)
- chocolate shavings, if desired (optional)
- Pour coffee into 3-quart saucepan; stir in cocoa mix and sugar until dissolved. Add half and half. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (3 to 4 minutes).
- Dollop each serving with whipped cream; sprinkle with chocolate shavings, if desired.
What a great recipe Diner. Loved this quick and easy to make recipe. It is so good. Garnished this hot treat with homemade spiced whipped cream, was it ever good. I really enjoyed the perfect balance of chocolate and coffee. I saved the leftover mocha java to enjoy tomorrow over ice. Cant' wait.
Yum! The perfect mix of coffee and chocolate. This is a keeper of a recipe that will definitely be made quite often. I had a mini-dollop of reduced-fat whipped cream floating on top, but I didn't have any chocolate on hand so had to forego the chocolate shavings. Even so, this was delightful and "chocolatey" enough for me. Thanks for sharing your recipe, diner524. Made for the "Best of 2011" tag game.
Wow this is a real treat! I used lowfat milk instead of the fat-free half-and-half. I topped mine with light Cool Whip and dusted it with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Rich and comforting and just delightful - thanks for sharing the recipe!