Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A rich mocha flavored hot chocolate makes a great chill chaser!
- 6 cups strong hot coffee
- 1 cup instant powdered cocoa mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- whipped light cream, if desired
- chocolate shavings, if desired
- Pour coffee into 3-quart saucepan. Stir in cocoa mix and sugar until dissolved; add half & half. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (3 to 4 minutes).
- Garnish each serving with whipped cream; sprinkle with chocolate shavings, if desired.
This was a lovely breakfast treat this morning. As a diabetic I needed to trim the sugar so I used unsweetened cocoa powder and Splenda mixed into coffee. For the half and half I used fat free evaporated milk. I still got that great mocha taste in a sugar free, fat free cup of goodness that was a great start to the day.