Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Adapted from EatingWell: July/August 2009 -- An afternoon pick-me-up with mocha-flavored frozen treats. A little of the cocoa may settle at the bottom as they freeze, making a special chocolaty surprise on the top, once the pop is un-molded.
- 2 1⁄2 cups brewed coffee (HOT and VERY STRONG ~ or 2 1/2 cups hot water, plus 5-6 tablespoons instant coffee granules, crushed)
- 4 -5 tablespoons sugar (or artificial sweetener equivalent)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk HOT coffee, sugar or artificial sweetener, cocoa, and salt in a large microwavable bowl or measuring cup ~ microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds ~ stir until the mixture has dissolved.
- Whisk in half-and-half and vanilla until combined.
- Divide the mixture among 3-ounce freezer-pop molds. Insert the handles and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. (If using 3-ounce paper cups, freeze mixture for about an hour before inserting wooden popsicle sticks).
- Dip the molds briefly in hot water before un-molding.