Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Everyday with Rachael Ray. I don't like coffee anything, but I loved the idea of these and thought any ice cream work well here, and I would would sub chocolate chips for the espresso beans. Cook time includes freeze time.
- 1 (12 count) box sugar ice cream cones
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, plus more
- semisweet chocolate, for shavings
- 3 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Using food processor, grind ice cream cones into fine crumbs. Transfer to a med bowl and stir in butter. Divide between cups of a 6 cup jumbo muffin pan and press about 3/4 of the way up each cup. Spoon 1 T almonds into each cup.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt 3 oz chocolate at med power in intervals, stirring occasionally. Top almonds with melted chocolate to cover. Freeze 10 minute.
- Spoon 2 T ice cream into each muffin cup. Sprinkle 1 T espresso beans onto ice cream and flatten with back of spoon. Add another 2 T ice cream and remaining almonds and flatten again. Add remaining ice cream and espresso beans and flatten. Freeze at least 1 hour.
- Whip cream and sugar UNtil soft peaks form.
- Run knife around edges of muffin cups to remove from pan. Top with cream and chocolate shavings.