3 hrs 10 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray. I don't like coffee anything, but I loved the idea of these and thought any ice cream work well here, and I would would sub chocolate chips for the espresso beans. Cook time includes freeze time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 count) box sugar ice cream cones
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, plus more
- semisweet chocolate, for shavings
- 3 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1Using food processor, grind ice cream cones into fine crumbs. Transfer to a med bowl and stir in butter. Divide between cups of a 6 cup jumbo muffin pan and press about 3/4 of the way up each cup. Spoon 1 T almonds into each cup.
- 2In a small microwavable bowl, melt 3 oz chocolate at med power in intervals, stirring occasionally. Top almonds with melted chocolate to cover. Freeze 10 minute.
- 3Spoon 2 T ice cream into each muffin cup. Sprinkle 1 T espresso beans onto ice cream and flatten with back of spoon. Add another 2 T ice cream and remaining almonds and flatten again. Add remaining ice cream and espresso beans and flatten. Freeze at least 1 hour.
- 4Whip cream and sugar UNtil soft peaks form.
- 5Run knife around edges of muffin cups to remove from pan. Top with cream and chocolate shavings.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Ice Cream Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.0
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 120.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar ice cream cones
chocolate-covered coffee beans