Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make with cocoa and coffee. How can you top this?
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely ground coffee beans
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup unsalted butter, dices
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sift cocoa into medium bowl. Brin cream and ground coffee to boil in heavy small saucepan, stirring to blend. Remove from heat; cover and steep 10 minutes.
- Strain cream through fine sieve into another bowl, pressing on coffee grounds to release as much cream as possible.
- Bring sugar, corn syrup, 1/4 cup water, and coffe-flavored cream to boil in medium saucepan; whisking until sugar dissolves. Boil 1 minute, brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in chocolate, butter and vanilla. Pour 1/4 of chocolate mixture into cocoa to moisten, then add remiaing chocolate mixture, whisking until sauce in smooth and shiny.
- Cool. COver and refrigerate. Rewarm sauce over low heat before serving.