From Australian B.H. & G. Diabetic Living.
Make and share this Mocha Hot Chocolate recipe from Food.com.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the milk, cocoa, coffee and sugar (or substitute) until combined.
- Heat on medium, whisking occasionally for about 5 minutes or until it just comes to a simmer.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the Irish Cream or Coffee Liqueur.
- Pour into glass mugs.
- In a small saucepan, heat extra milk on low until warm.
- Using a stick blender, blend until frothy or use coffee machine attachment if you have one.
- Spoon froth over the drinks and serve.
Made for DHs birthday and he loved it. I did use 1% milk and Splenda but otherwise followed the recipe. Were dangerous to drink since it went down so well; too much chocolate and Bailey's make for a lazy morning! Made for Zaar Stars.
Delicious! I admit I used more liqueur than was called for.. and I regret nothing! ;) Thanks for the recipe!
A yummy way to keep warm on a cold winter day. I used Kahlua and it was perfect. I also loved the way it used "light" ingredients as I am trying to cut back on some of the calories I have been taking in lately.