Recipe by I'mPat
From Australian B.H. & G. Diabetic Living.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Made for DHs birthday and he loved it. I did use 1% milk and Splenda but otherwise followed the recipe. Were dangerous to drink since it went down so well; too much chocolate and Bailey's make for a lazy morning! Made for Zaar Stars.
- 400 ml skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or equivalent sugar substitute)
- 2 teaspoons irish cream (or coffee liqueur)
- 125 ml skim milk (extra for froth)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, whisk the milk, cocoa, coffee and sugar (or substitute) until combined.
- Heat on medium, whisking occasionally for about 5 minutes or until it just comes to a simmer.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the Irish Cream or Coffee Liqueur.
- Pour into glass mugs.
- In a small saucepan, heat extra milk on low until warm.
- Using a stick blender, blend until frothy or use coffee machine attachment if you have one.
- Spoon froth over the drinks and serve.