Recipe by Mirj
I originally got this recipe from Cooking Light, but made the full-fat version last night for the first time, and it was great!
Top Review by Lisa Vitale
This really is a great dessert! The brownie is actually pretty soft on the bottom. I prepared this straight out of the Cooking Light 5-star recipes. Excellent after dinner dessert!
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules, divided
- 10 ounces boxes fudge brownie mix (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 egg whites
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua, divided
- 1 package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 cups whipped cream, divided
- chocolate curls (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine hot water and 2 teaspoons coffee granules in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Add brownie mix, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg whites; stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch pieplate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 22 minutes.
- Let crust cool completely.
- Combine milk, 2 tablespoons Kahlúa, 1 teaspoon coffee granules, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, and pudding mix in a bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer 1 minute.
- Gently fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped cream.
- Spread pudding mixture evenly over brownie crust.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon coffee granules and remaining 1 tablespoon Kahlúa in a bowl; stir well.
- Gently fold in remaining 1 1/2 cups whipped cream.
- Spread whipped cream mixture over pudding mixture.
- Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
- Serve immediately, or store loosely covered in refrigerator.
- Nonalcoholic Mocha Version-------------------------Ð®.
- When making the pudding mixture, substitute 2 tablespoons milk for the Kahlúa.
- In the topping, omit the Kahlúa, and dissolve the instant coffee granules in 1 tablespoon water.
- Note: Store remaining brownie mix in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag in refrigerator; use mix to make another pie or a small pan of brownies.