I originally got this recipe from Cooking Light, but made the full-fat version last night for the first time, and it was great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules, divided
- 10 ounces boxes fudge brownie mix (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 egg whites
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua, divided
- 1 package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 cups whipped cream, divided
- chocolate curls (optional)
- 1Combine hot water and 2 teaspoons coffee granules in a medium bowl; stir well.
- 2Add brownie mix, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg whites; stir until well blended.
- 3Pour mixture into a 9-inch pieplate coated with cooking spray.
- 4Bake at 325 degrees for 22 minutes.
- 5Let crust cool completely.
- 6Combine milk, 2 tablespoons Kahlúa, 1 teaspoon coffee granules, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, and pudding mix in a bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer 1 minute.
- 7Gently fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped cream.
- 8Spread pudding mixture evenly over brownie crust.
- 9Combine remaining 1 teaspoon coffee granules and remaining 1 tablespoon Kahlúa in a bowl; stir well.
- 10Gently fold in remaining 1 1/2 cups whipped cream.
- 11Spread whipped cream mixture over pudding mixture.
- 12Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
- 13Serve immediately, or store loosely covered in refrigerator.
- 14Nonalcoholic Mocha Version-------------------------Ð®.
- 15When making the pudding mixture, substitute 2 tablespoons milk for the Kahlúa.
- 16In the topping, omit the Kahlúa, and dissolve the instant coffee granules in 1 tablespoon water.
- 17Note: Store remaining brownie mix in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag in refrigerator; use mix to make another pie or a small pan of brownies.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Fudge Pie
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 334.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g