- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 (4 cup) lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- instant coffee powder (not crystals)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cocoa and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cream 1 cup of the cocoa/sugar mix with the butter.
- Blend in the vanilla and half of the milk.
- Add the remaining cocoa/sugar mix, and the remaining milk, and beat well.
- Continue beating.
- Add in instant coffee powder, 1 teaspoon at a time, tasting before next addition.
- Add coffee powder to taste.