Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Mocha Fudge Icing recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the cocoa and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cream 1 cup of the cocoa/sugar mix with the butter.
- Blend in the vanilla and half of the milk.
- Add the remaining cocoa/sugar mix, and the remaining milk, and beat well.
- Continue beating.
- Add in instant coffee powder, 1 teaspoon at a time, tasting before next addition.
- Add coffee powder to taste.
Creamy and very flavorful. Easy to make and mixes up well. I used dutch cocoa (more chocolately than regular), margarine, and french vanilla coffee (only instant coffee I had on hand). I ended up using 2 tsp coffee in the half-batch I made.
Wow! This is great! I used 1/2 recipe as a filling for Deep Dark Chocolate Cake #12488. It was a little thin for a filling, though, so I put in a little more powdered sugar. I think next time I'll cut back on the liquid. I didn't have coffee powder so I used instant coffee granules dissolved in the milk (had to heat the milk a bit, but cooled it before adding to the sugar). Thanks!
Very creamy and good frosting. I used this to frost Cindy Lynn's Chocolate Cake #25080. It made more than enough. It was delicious! Thanks wildheart for a real keeper.