Recipe by diner524
This is a recipe, which goes over her Chocolate-Mocha Cake that was in her Comfort Food Magazine issue. Looks and sounds so yummy!!! Posting each one separately, here is the cake recipe,
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee (freshly brewed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped (5 - 1 oz squares)
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cream, coffee, and vanilla. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in chocolate, shortening, and salt, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Let frosting stand, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until cooled to room temperature and thickened. Use immediately.