Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not yet tried this, but it is from an overdue library book (From Our Mothers' Kitchens) and I want to return the book tomorrow, so need to get the recipes I want to try copied down, pronto. I love anything mocha, and this frosting sounds so easy and so good. I think I'll have to make a chocolate cake just to try it!
- 3 cups heavy cream (35%, whipping cream)
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar, sifted to remove any lumps
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted to remove any lumps
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Cover bowl and then chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes; keep the beaters for your mixer in the fridge to chill, too.
- After 30 minutes, remove from fridge and using electric mixer, beat until stiff.
- Makes enough to fill and and frost an 8-inch layer cake.