Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother used to make this frosting for everyone's birthday cakes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (32 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- Blend butter, egg, cocoa, coffee, salt.
- Add sugar alternately with milk and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth. If too thick, add 1/2 teaspoons milk at a time.
- If making in hot weather, try using less milk as the icing will run and get too soft. Also, after icing do not cover tightly as this can cause the icing to run.