Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a frosting my mother made on my birthday cake each year. It was a request from me. It's my favorite. Since tomorrow is my birthday, I made it today. Usually we buy our cakes but this year, I decided to do them.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup espresso, warm
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups icing sugar (or more if needed)
- Cream egg, cocoa powder and butter. Add the coffee and vanilla.
- Gradually add the icing sugar until desired consistency.
- I frosted a round cake and I have maybe 1 cup of leftover in the fridge.