Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is easy to make, rich and delicious. I don't remember where it originally came from but I have adapted the original recipe from stovetop preparation to microwave which saves considerable time.
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (6 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crusts
- In microwave proof bowl, combine marshmallows, granulated sugar, instant coffee granules and evaporated milk.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then remove and stir.
- Return to microwave and cook for 1 more minute on high and then stir again.
- Mixture should be smooth at this point. If not, return to microwave and cook for 1 more minute, again on high, and then stir again.
- Pour the chocolate chips into the above mixture and then stir until they are completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Spread 3/4 cup of mixture into the bottom of the graham cracker pie crust and spread evenly.
- Let mixture remaining in bowl cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream until thick with electric mixer.
- Fold whipped cream into the remaining chocolate mixture in the bowl, until well blended.
- Spread over chocolate layer in pie shell.
- Chill at least 2 hours.