Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made this recipe before McDonalds had Frappes, and before I knew what one was. I wanted to make a shake inspired from a Snickers Icecap thats made in a local expresso shop. I took a few ideas from several mocha shakes, frozen lattes, and iced coffee recipes and combined some of the ideas to make my own version of this simple frozen coffee treat! Note: cooking time is time to freeze coffee.
- 1⁄2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup (more or less to your taste)
- 4 -5 ice cubes
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- Freeze the coffee into cubes(for 3+ hours).
- Pulse milk, chocolate syrup, sugar, and 3 of the ice cubes in a blender.
- Add 2-3 coffee cubes and remaining ice cubes and pulse again until fairly smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle if desired.
Yummy shake! One-half cup of coffee made six ice cubes in the size tray I use. I decided to use those six coffee cubes to punch up the coffee flavor, instead of using plain ice cubes. I also used the 3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup. Will make this one every time I want a special treat.