Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead this needs to freeze for a minimum of 3 hours. These amounts will give you about 3 cups, you can double if desired, if you do not have enough ice cube trays the mixture can just be frozen in a freezer-safe dish but you will have to chop the mixture up into smaller pieces in order to process, using ice cube containers makes it much easier! This is great to serve to dinner guests just remove from freezer, process and serve! Serve this in large heavy glass mugs and freeze the mugs firstly, so they are frosty!
Top Review by cookiedog
SPECTACULAR! You must try this! Something this easy to make should not taste this good. You can't beat this frappe. Look no further! I used lowfat milk and it was still thick and delicious. I will make this all summer long.
- 3 tablespoons coffee
- 1 cup water
- 4 -6 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon full-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups full-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- whipped cream or cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- chocolate shavings (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brew the 3 tablespoons coffee with 1 cup water.
- Add in 1 tablespoon milk and sugar to taste; mix well; cool slightly or to room temperature.
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze for a minimum of 3 hours or until firm.
- In a blender process the coffee ice cubes with 1-1/4 cups full-fat milk and the 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup; place into 2 tall glasses and dollop with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings if desired.
- Serve immediately.