Recipe by frap girl :)
I love Starbucks' Fraps, but they recently closed the Starbucks closest to me, and now I cannot go as much, but I can't go too long with out a frap! It took a few tries to get this right, but, I did it! It's perfect. :) *I use the same blender starbucks uses, a VitaMix 5200.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup filtered cold water
- 3 ounces milk (skim, 1 percent, or 2 percent)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons normal sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored syrup (chocolate works good too)
- 1 cup crushed ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the instant coffee with the filtered, cold water, and the sugar.
- Put the now-made coffee, milk, and syrup into your VitaMix for about 5 seconds. For a normal blender do the same thing.
- Now, with your VitaMix/blender OFF, add in the ice. If you are using a VitaMix, start off with variable 1, speed 1, quickly going to speed 10, then variable 2. Blend on variable 2 for about 20-25 seconds. For a normal blender, blend for about 35 seconds, then pulse about 5 times.