Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb milk chocolate
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Items for dipping
- fresh strawberries
- banana, chunks
- dried apricot
- angel food cake, cubed, can dip pound cake too
- Coarsely chop the chocolates.
- Place in a small, heavy saucepan with the cream and coffee.
- Cook over gentle heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Keep warm over hot water until ready to serve.
- To serve, transfer to a fondue pot and continue to keep warm.
- Offer an assortment of foods to dip (or add some of your own) with fondue forks or bamboo skewers designed for dipping.
This came out just fine. We substituted dark chocolate chips for the milk chocolate which made it very rich and much faster than chopping the chocolate. Thanks!