Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your pan with paper liners.
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, ground coffee, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil and egg until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together milk, instant coffee and vanilla until coffee is dissolved. Add milk mixture to batter and beat until smooth.
- Pour or scoop batter into pan and bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cupcake’s center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove and cool completely.