Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are incredible!!! Everyone who ate one at the party said "Oh wow!" as soon as they put them in their mouth. Bet you can't eat just one!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat butter and brown sugar until light and creamy.
- On medium speed, beat in egg.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until dough is smooth. Stir in oats and walnuts.
- Reserve 1 cup dough for topping. Press remaining dough into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, condensed milk, instant coffee and remaining cinnamon over medium heat; stir until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over the dough in the pan, smoothing the surface with a spatula; crumble reserved dough on the top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Lift foil to remove from pan; cut into 2-inch bars.
More than wonderful!! DELICIOUS! I doubled the coffee and still thought it a very mild coffee taste. But I love how the chocolate layer gets so fudgy!
thanks been searching EVERYWHERE for this recipe!!
So easy and yummy! I made these last night as part of my early Christmas baking, and I'm so glad I decided to try them. The only change I made was to substitute finely chopped pecans for the walnuts because that's what I had on hand. I'm really impressed with the fudgy-cinnamony flavor, and the "crumbles" on top are nice and crispy. Twenty minutes was the perfect amount of bake time for me. The only thing I may change in the future would be to add more instant coffee, because I can't really taste the coffee as the recipe is written. I've only had them room temperature so far, but I really look forward to trying them chilled and frozen after reading the previous reviewers' suggestions. Thanks so much for posting...I'm sure these are going to be a big hit!