Recipe by littleturtle
These decadent chocolate-coffee flavored cookies will remind you of rich fudgy brownies. Great Christmas cookies.
Top Review by lrn2trvl
very good! i did these because i didn't think i had any butter, but then I actually didn't have enough oil, so I did about 1/3c oil butter to fill the rest of the 1/2c measure. I also wasn't brave enough to add pepper... I do almost everything mocha-esque so I couldn't really taste the coffee in the cooked cookies, if you want an intense coffee flavor either use more or try the espresso powder
I only chilled the dough for about 10mins... i couldn't wait! and they turned out well! I baked 6 and froze the rest in ball form. It made 40 cookies for me. (I also didn't have powdered sugar (opps!) to roll them in and they still turned out great!)
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder or 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together brown sugar and oil; then mix in sour cream, egg, and vanilla.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, espresso, baking soda, salt, and pepper.
- Add flour mixture to brown sugar mixture; mix well.
- Refrigerate dough until firm (3-4 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour powdered sugar into shallow bowl; set aside.
- Cut dough into 1" pieces; roll into balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets until tops of cookies are firm to touch (10-12 minutes; do not overbake).
- Cool on wire racks.