Recipe by Jen T
This is one of those desserts that you can whip up when you need something in a hurry with store cupboard ingredients. The original recipe as posted does not have sugar included but having a sweet tooth I like to add a little to the mixture.
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 600 ml milk
- 1⁄2 orange (grated rind only)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dry ingredients together with a little of the milk until smooth.
- Put remainder of milk in saucepan and bring to boil.
- Pour some of the hot milk on to the paste mixture and stir well.
- Return this mix to the saucepan and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the grated orange rind.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream.
- Place in either one bowl or individual dishes.
- Serve cold with whipped cream and some canned mandarin pieces or grated chocolate.
- Note: Cook time does not include chilling time of maybe 1/2hr or longer.