Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from the Australian supermarket magazine Recipes+. I haven't made it, but know it will work as it is a variation of Chocolate Ripple Cake which I have posted previously. I would use the 2 tablespoons of liqueur, but that's me! and note that an Aus tablespoon contains 4 teaspoons.
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 250 g chocolate cookies, Aussies use chocolate ripples
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- grated chocolate, to serve
- Dissolve coffee in 100ml boiling water, cool. Process the cookies to medium crumbs. Beat cream to soft peaks, fold through the liqueur.
- Divide 1/3 of the cream between 4 dessert glasses; add half the crumbs. Drizzle with half the coffee. Repeat the layers, finishing with cream.
- Chill for at least 3 hours to allow the cookies to soften. Serve garnished with the grated chocolate.
Wow. It really came out great. Its so simple and easy to make, but it looks pretty impressive.
Great recipe. Sort of like a choc ripple cake. Easy and delcious. I served in seperate glasses, and this recipe looked very impressive. Everone loved it. Thanks Jan.
This is very very nice. I did it in one glass bowl instead of individual serves and put a layer of black cherries at the bottom. I used vanilla instead of liqueur. My sister grabbed up the leftovers to take home !!!!!