Recipe by JustJanS
This comes from the Australian supermarket magazine Recipes+. I haven't made it, but know it will work as it is a variation of Chocolate Ripple Cake which I have posted previously. I would use the 2 tablespoons of liqueur, but that's me! and note that an Aus tablespoon contains 4 teaspoons.
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 250 g chocolate cookies, Aussies use chocolate ripples
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- grated chocolate, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve coffee in 100ml boiling water, cool. Process the cookies to medium crumbs. Beat cream to soft peaks, fold through the liqueur.
- Divide 1/3 of the cream between 4 dessert glasses; add half the crumbs. Drizzle with half the coffee. Repeat the layers, finishing with cream.
- Chill for at least 3 hours to allow the cookies to soften. Serve garnished with the grated chocolate.