Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in Diabetic Cooking mini recipe book and it was VEGAN! Wonderful all-purpose chocolate cake. The added coffee really intensifies the chocolate. Water can be used in place of the coffe for just a plain chocolate cake.
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a 2-cup measure, combine the coffee, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid over the flour mixture and mix with a whisk or fork.
- When the batter issmooth, add the vinegar and mix quickly until incorporated.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack.
- When completely cool, dust with confectioner's sugar or spread with vegan frosting, if you like, cut into squares, and serve.