Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a local church cookbook - everyone loves these yummy cookies! Cook time does not include refrigeration time for the dough.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In the microwave, heat butter, chocolate, and coffee until chocolate is melted, stirring to blend. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and salt. Add sugar and brown sugar and blend. Stir in chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Add gradually to egg mixture, stirring to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Roll dough into 3/4 inch balls. Roll balls in confectioners sugar. Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
YUM no need to say more : ) Very moist and delicious! Thanks loof!
My husband tasted these and said, "OMG, these are great!" I think that's all I need to say. Thanks for posting!
Mmmmm Mocha! My cookies didn't crack so well but they are delicious with a thin crisp outer shell and a soft fudgy tasting interior with a wonderful under layer of coffee. And thats all in one sentence, lol. I used non-hydrogenated margarine, egg white only, Splenda (granulated and brown blend) and Splenda for rolling. Scrumptious, crackled or not. Made for Holiday Cookie Exchange Party in Photo Tag.