This recipe comes from the wonderful book "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar" by Terri Hope Romero and Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Ive tweaked it a tad here and there, though. The cookies come out puffy, soft and with a slight mocha flavour. I think they are very pretty and everyone (vegan or not) raved about them. I hope youll enjoy them, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cookies
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (I actually used hazelnut milk)
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee
- 1/2 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Drizzle
- 1Vigourously whisk together oil, sugars, almond milk, coffee, flax seeds, cornstarch and vanilla extract (about 1-2 minutes).
- 2In a second bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3Add the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Knead into a smooth, elastic dough that is easy to handle. If it is too wet, add a tad more flour.
- 4Using your hands form dough into 11 walnut sized balls and place them on a cookie sheet. Flatten slightly (these wont spread, so if you like flat cookies, flatten them more).
- 5Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 12 minutes or until set, but still a tad fudgy. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6For the drizzle combine powdered sugar, coffee, vanilla and espresso powder (if using) and drizzle over the cooled cookies in a decorative pattern. You could also just spread it on there or dip half of each cookie into it.
- 7Allow drizzle to set and then store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Cookies With Mocha Drizzle (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.4
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: